KIDS COSTUME SHOWCASE & COZ CON COSPLAY CONTEST
Rules and Requirements
10:30am – 1:30pm Costume Showcase and Cosplay Contest Registration
The registration table will be located at Kati Coe’s booth. You must register to be a valid participant.
The Kids Costume Showcase begins at 1:30pm. Anyone 12 and under is welcome to participate! Everyone’s a winner, in the Coz Con Costume Showcase!
The Coz Con Cosplay Contest begins at 2:00pm. Please arrive ten minutes prior. Winners will be announced after the last category.
- The novice category is intended for cosplayers with little to no prior experience making costumes and/or people without much contest experience.
- May not have won “Best Novice” or a title of that same caliber or above at any other major costume competition.
- The intermediate category is intended for people with some experience making costumes and/or who have won awards for costumes.
- May not have won “Best Intermediate” or a title of that same caliber or above at any other major costume competition more than 2 times.
- The master category is intended for skilled cosplayers who are very experienced in making costumes or who have won multiple contest awards. Professionals are allowed to compete at this level as well.
- Anyone who wishes to join this level may do so.
Participants will be judged on Design Adaptation, Craftsmanship, and Presentation.
– The accuracy of your costume in relation to the source material.
– Level of creativity, if an original or altered character design.
– Use of materials, construction methods and durability.
– Use of appropriate or creative resources and applications.
-Depiction of Character
We request that all winners be willing to spend a few minutes after the contest for photo ops.
Please take a moment to review the official rules. Remember, this is a family friendly event and while having fun is of the utmost importance to us all, we ask that you remain respectful to those around you.
We can’t wait to see you, and your great costumes, at Coz Con!
Entry into the event is at the discretion of the contest staff, and they reserve the right to deny any entrant who does not adhere to the rules.
Contest staff reserves the right to reassign a participant to another category, if deemed necessary.
Your costume and presentation should be suitable for all ages. No profanity, lewd behavior, or obscene messages on signs or clothing. Anyone who breaks this rule will be disqualified.
Any participants under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
No pyrotechnics, live flame or smoke generators of any kind are permitted. Projectile glitter, confetti, or liquid, is not allowed. Anything that may cause you or someone else harm, is strictly prohibited.
No functional weapons are allowed at Galactic Con. Please do not bring real swords, firearms, or any other authentic weapon. Only props are allowed. Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as part of your costume. No projectile weapons (including but not limited to airsoft or paintball weapons) will be allowed. Weapons with a metal blade, regardless if it is dull or sharp, are prohibited. Please use your best judgement, and if in doubt, contact Kati Coe for assistance.
All simulated or costume weapons are subject to inspection by security or convention staff. Participants found to be in violation of these rules will be subject to removal from the show.
Scores are based on a 1 – 5 scale, per category, with the top score a contestant can reach being 15.